Monday, April 6, 2009
How the kids see me
Natalie did this survey with her kids. I thought it was cute, so I decided to try it out on my little guys. Isaac, due to a lack of verbal ability, was excused from participation.
Jacob's answers are in green.
Claire's answers are in blue.
1. What is something your mom always says to you?
"I would never!"
Whenever Jacob accuses me of something that I've just done to him, like tickling, or flipping him upside down, I say "I would never." This used to upset him terribly until he learned to reply "You just did!" Now he enjoys the repartee greatly.
2. What makes mom happy?
When I clean the room without being asked. (That would make me happy ;)
Hugs and kisses.
3. What makes mom sad?
When she has to repeat herself. (Usually about getting the room clean...)
When we don't clean up our room quick.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Tickles me a lot!
Letting us watch funny shows, like Bugs Bunny.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
I don't remember. (True. He doesn't remember.)
I 'on't know.
6. How old is your mom?
Is it 31? Is it 30?
Thirty something? (I turned 30 at the end of last year.)
7. How tall is your mom?
Is it 5'2" or what?
Don't know. Medium. (5'4". I can wear petite clothes and regular clothes! Still not as good as making it up to 5'6", but that's just not going to happen for me.)
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
I don't know. I know you like to do things, but I don't know what your favorite one is, so I'm not taking any chances.
Torture Jacob. (Apparently the interrogation of was a form of Jacob torture.)
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
She goes on walks with Isaac, she watches some movies without me, she takes care of the house.
I have no idea!
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
(Shrugs shoulders.) No idea.
Uhh...torturing her children.
(That's terrible.) Huh, huh, huh. (And yet I continued to questions, so maybe she's right.)
11. What is your mom really good at?
Making homemade food. (Glad he thinks so.)
Folding clothes. (I've certainly spent enough hours at it. Thinking of which, Claire needs to put away her folded clothes.)
12. What is your mom not good at?
She can't really recall pokemon data that well. (I'm okay with that.)
She's good at everything. (Good answer Claire!)
13. What does your mom do for a job?
She's a housekeeper. (Close, but not quite. Housewives don't get paid.)
Same as Jacob's [answer].
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
What is your favorite food? That's not an answer! I'm asking! Aargh! (Jacob still doesn't know.)
Mushrooms. Artichoke hearts. Thai food. (Claire actually took time to think about an answer. They hate that we include mushrooms in stir fries and pasta sauces. We continue to torture them.)
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
No idea. I can't really explain.
She's my mom.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Hmmm. (Giggles. Refuses to answer.)
Why are you asking that question?
I didn't make these up. They were just in the list.
(Claire flops on me. She does not have an answer.)
17. What do you and your mom do together?
A lot of stuff. Playing.
18. How are you and your mom the same?
We both have green eyes.
We're in the same family.
19. How are you and your mom different?
I like pokemon and she doesn't.
We're not the same people.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
She tells me all the time.
She gives hugs and kisses to me a lot.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
He's her husband.
(I think the lack of insight here is they just take both of their parents for granted. Of course we like each other.)
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
I don't know.
The grocery store I guess. Fairway.
23. What does mom love best about you?
That's a question I can't answer.
I'm her daughter.
There your have it. Child torture over.
I love both of you. I'm so glad you are my little children.